If you meet the requirements outlined in the previous section, please complete our online application.
- Faculty of Graduate Studies Application form
- Three "Confidential Report on Applicant" forms (to be requested from your referees)
- Your statement of interest letter
- Two official transcripts of your academic record (to be sent from the universities at which you have studied, directly to this office)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (where required, for graduates of non-Canadian and non-American universities)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (where required, for international students)
PLEASE NOTE: All application materials must be original documents sent directly from their originating organizations. Photocopies are not acceptable.
These forms should be returned as soon as possible to:
Dr. Tim O'Connor
Chair, Graduate Program in Neuroscience
Kinsmen Laboratory of Neurological Research
2255 Wesbrook Mall
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z3
The Admissions Committee meets to consider applications from the beginning of December. It is in your interest to have your application in to this office as soon as possible. Deadlines for submission of applications is November 30 for International applicants and January 31 for Canadian and U.S. applicants.
For further information, please send an email to
or apply online at the UBC Graduate Student Website.